Saturday, October 24, 2009

getting my mojo back......



It has been four months since the big change.

I'm happy to report that my long lost productivity is slooooowly creeping back into the equation. Hallelujah!

And the biggest contributor has been recognizing my critical thoughts and putting them back into perspective. Cognitive therapy really does work!!

Case in point. (Bear with me on this story)

I wrote out a shopping list for Costco this morning..(heck that is a small miracle in itself!!)...
I EVEN cut out the coupons I wanted to use for the day. (Miracle #2)
(Don't judge me but I never use coupons.)

I ran out the door with my list happy to shop and save money and half way to the store....HORRORS!! I HAD FORGOTTEN THE COUPONS!!!!

Dread...despair...hatred filled my little heart as I saw this opportunity to redeem my past sins of paying full price go down the drain.

and then.....a moment.....I stopped in mid loathe and caught a small wave of forgiveness...

I found...a helpful response to the current of self hatred running through my brain.

"Oh well, I can always try again next month"....a small sense of surprised relief appeared.

"It isn't the end of the world, they're just coupons"....a more relaxed breath.

"Maybe they will have extra coupons at the store?"....eh?...I almost got excited to find out.

I went from complete horror, (seriously...I overreact often!)...to anticipation!

And wouldn't you know it. Those smarty pants at Costco were already prepared for me. Got my coupons and shopped with confidence.

This may have seemed like a trivial adventure but for me...it was very good.

I can do this...yes I can.

2 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

i like reading stuff like this : )

mama edge said...

It doesn't sound small to me. Excellent progress!