
So in the last month I had two more IEP's. One for each of the boys.
I am flabbergasted by how much less stressful it was this time. Really, it is astounding.
Of course, I wasn't asking/begging/demanding/threatening anything. We were reviewing how each of the boys has been doing in their first 30 days in their new schools.
In addition, each month seems to bring new levels of relaxation to the house. This last weekend was almost sublime. Punctuated only by the frustrated tantrums that only lasted 30 minutes or so. Totally livable. I actually lay in bed and just looked out the window doing absolutely nothing. It was seriously the strangest sensation.
So anyways...back to the treats.
I have made the executive decision that I'm going to pair each IEP meeting with a treat for myself. (preferable non-food associated)
Now you have to plan carefully because this treat has to be worth it but not too spendy. We aren't the Rockafellers here.
My drug/reward of choice was a new eyeliner from my favorite brand. I even got to let the little girl test drive it on my lids just to confirm it had the correct level of fabulosity. And girlfriend!! It rocks!!
From now on...this is going to be great. I can take the stress of the IEP just THAT much better knowing that there is something materialistic on the other end!!
All hail the mighty TREAT!~!
4 comments:
Love the vintage halloween layout--its great! New make-up can be a wonderful thing :-)
I love that idea! Assumed you were talking about treats you bring for the IEP team, which tells you how foreign self-care is as a concept to me.
My secret: I always wear my sexiest, don't mess with me thong panties to IEPs. Gives me that extra little confidence boost.
mama edge: How funny! I always wear Chanel #5. I think it makes me "smell" mature and confident!! :O)
Sounds like a great idea...I still want to go makeup shopping with you, I just got lost in fundraising..Hey, I think I need to treat myself!! =)
Post a Comment