Monday, October 19, 2009

what would my boys want for me?



A business acquaintance made a really interesting comment to Guy. He had just heard that Spencer was moving out and that Guy was going to be taking some family time off to be at home with us.

He was visibly emotional as he struggled to be understanding and supportive.

And then he said something really amazing. He imagined that if our boys were able to communicate themselves, they would never want us to be hurt by our experiences together. They would want us to do what was best for the family.

That really resonated with me.

They would want the same for me as I have always wanted for them: goodness, support, fun, happiness, safety, stability and a healthy environment.

I'm going to remember this always. Especially when I start losing my nerve and feel anxious that I've made another terrible mistake.

1 comment:

mama edge said...

Chills. I'll remember this always, too. Thanks for sharing it.