Instead of driving home with Ty after picking him up from school...I picked up Spence and took them BOTH to the park.
I almost lost my nerve because traffic was unbelievable.
In the end it was worth it because there was still some good daylight left to enjoy our time together. There is a FABULOUS park just a few minutes from Spencer's house and since Guy doesn't get home until 6, we can't go in the evenings in the dark.
The boys had a great time and I had my hands FULL juggling the two of them.

A few exciting moments when Ty spotted a kid with a bag of gummy bears.

Tons of smiles from Spence while he enjoyed his favorite slide made up of rollers. He LOVED going down head first.


Dinner at In-N-Out went perfectly. $17 will get you two double-doubles with cheese (plain), a large chocolate shake for Ty, a large lemonade, three orders of fries and a burger, animal style, wrapped in lettuce instead of the bun.
Even with twenty packets of ketchup, we still ran out and I had to go back for more. It was cute because when I went to the window to ask for more, Ty kept checking on me to see if I was watching them. Spence could have cared less. He was deeply engrossed in getting the right ratio of ketchup to burger and consuming it as quickly as possible.
I'll have to post about his ritual another time.
Once we got back in the car, Spence immediately asked for "Green Eggs and Ham". That was my cue to inform me he was finished and ready to go home.
Good trip. I look forward to doing it again soon.
I think for sanity's sake, I'll ask someone to go with me next time. I got lucky that nothing happened last night at the park. It will just be wiser to have backup.
Yay
Me.
6 comments:
I began reading your blog a couple months ago and I have to say I love it.
I am a mom with 2 boys, ages 7 and almost 5 and they are both severely autistic.
I see so many parallels between your boys and mine.
I too have had outings like yours where I think to myself afterwards, 'That could have been a nightmare' but thanking God that it wasn't!
Oh Danna, that sounds like such a great memory. I'm so glad it worked out.
And boy do I miss In 'N Out. :)
Wow Sunday. You are right in the middle of the "Golden Years" I call them.
Glad that you enjoy my blog. I need to start reading yours!
I love when those crazy-brave risks pay off. Yay indeed.
BTW thanks for visiting me down in my hole. Am trying not to measure my worth by outcomes. Not working yet, but I'm still trying.
I would love for you to come by my blog! Actually I would love to ask you some questions about alternative living arrangements and how you were able to make that work.
You can email me via my blogger profile if you don't mind.
Thanks!
Wow! Brave, brave girl...in a myriad of ways. Glad it was fun!
Post a Comment