Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sweet Mother of Abraham Lincoln!!!!

I cannot believe my good luck. Gettin' all my docs together for "The Great Paper Push" that is..registration...placement and application for SSI benefits.

It was an enormous pleasure to go to my files and take out everything I needed:

IEP
Official Diagnosis
Shot Records
Notice of potential residence in the group home...(THANKS SUE!)
Records of testing
A cute picture of Ty to show off to the administrators and teachers.

but wait...the one most important one...the BIRTH certificate....couldn't be found!

I searched online and saw that getting one was going to cost at LEAST...FORTY DOLLARS!!

Seriously. Those are confiscatory prices plus that cost of time while waiting for it to show up.

I did NOT want to wait and for some reason kept hunting in our files.

Opened up the file I had ALREADY rifled through this morning, without success, and LO!

It was sitting right on top.


That was just the hit I needed.

Starting this process is easier the second time.

It still hurts like the dickens. but at least it doesn't carry the added sting the first go round had.

1 comment:

Rena said...

We must have the same gremlin living in our filing cabinet. They hide the form I need every single time and will eventually return it when I've either given up, or have pulled out my hair. Ta da! There's the form, in the first file I looked.