Tuesday, March 29, 2011

pizza and bubbles......

I was really looking forward to our outing this week and I wasn't disappointed.

The boys have hit another relaxed cycle. Less protests....less aggression....less frustration which = more fun.

Spence gave us his regular order of ..."innaout-pweese" the minute we get into the van. Guy countered with a choice. In-n-Out or pizza? After a long pause.....which means about three seconds....we heard...."pizza pweese".

"Tyler, do you want pizza"?.......and we heard "yuss" under his breath.

Pizza it is.

We got to Costco, I snag a table with the boys and Guy heads to the line. It is busy and so there is plenty of time for Ty to try and get out of his seat 4000 times. I know he is concerned about his berry smoothie.
(hurry up Dad! ..I kind of like how the Hot Dog umbrella is sticking out of the top of his head like a hat)

Just for kicks I brought a little bottle of bubbles to play with and it was a big hit with both of them. (2 bonus points for mom).
(can you see Ty standing up? worried about the smoothie)

2.5 pieces of pizza and 1/3 of a churro later, Spencer's jeans are now coated in grease and tomato sauce. The artistically faded jean material on his thighs highlight the contrasting red and orange. I just try and wipe off what I can. I think next time I will bring a tarp to lay on his lap.

Ty, on the other hand, is a dainty eater. He might have been saving himself for the smoothie, don't know but his slow eating habit puts his languishing piece of pizza at risk. Spence has lighting fast hands.

The smoothie comes...and then it is time to head for the park. My battery ran down or I would have taken more pics. These will have to do.



(smoothie plus balloon in hand= excellence....If you look close you can see his plastic straw/lego dangley toy that he hid in his pocket for the trip)

4 comments:

Alex K Hulme said...

oh danna, i know i have no parenting experience to speak of, but i have seen lots of good parents, and i think after reading your blog that you top the list. i love how you take it all in stride, and appreciate all of their comforts-the smoothie, the lego toy, the balloon. i couldnt help but giggle, imagining you recounting this in person. dang woman, you are strong.

alexkhulme said...

oh danna, i know i have no parenting experience to speak of, but i have seen lots of good parents, and i think after reading your blog that you top the list. i love how you take it all in stride, and appreciate all of their comforts-the smoothie, the lego toy, the balloon. i couldnt help but giggle, imagining you recounting this in person. dang woman, you are strong.

alexkhulme said...

oh danna, i know i have no parenting experience to speak of, but i have seen lots of good parents, and i think after reading your blog that you top the list. i love how you take it all in stride, and appreciate all of their comforts-the smoothie, the lego toy, the balloon. i couldnt help but giggle, imagining you recounting this in person. dang woman, you are strong.

jill curtis said...

SO wonderful to see bits and pieces of their lives. They are both so grown up. You are amazing Danna. Thanks for the constant inspiration you have been since I have known you.