Monday is our day for visits. We put ourselves on a regular schedule a couple of months ago and it is helping out a great deal. Given the emotional roller coaster that inevitably comes with every foray...the regular intervals help with the recovery process.
I think the boys like it too.
Tonight was a lot of fun. I ended up having almost a whole hour at the house before Guy arrived. Between the swing..playing catch..and watching Spence experiment with bubbles, we kept busy. And none too soon because Spence was RAVENOUS.
We took our In-n-out haul to the park and watched in amazement as our littlest pounded two cheeseburgers, three orders of fries and a cup of ketchup. He just kept going and going and going and going.
It didn't stop there. Apparently someone was kind enough to leave the remnants of a smashed and squashed candy bar on the springy playground surface. Just enough for Spence to scrape finger-fulls of it off and into his mouth before I could run over to him. The booger even had me chase him down the slide so that while I was sliding down after him....he had a head start sprint for the leftovers!! AAAAARGH! It couldn't have been more disgusting.
On the bright side, his penchant for eating discarded food off the ground is probably the reason he has an iron clad immune system.
Tyler kept the swing going and going and going...it really is his fav. Guy kept him happy while I was chasing our little floor scraper.
BTW....thank you Daylight Savings for giving us more time to play outside now. It makes our time feel much more productive when we can work all the wiggles out.
Home again jiggity jog and Spence proceeded to ask for pizza on the way home and try to empty the cupboards in the kitchen. Ix-nay on that attempt. His aides have no interest in cleaning up the after-the-binge-eating puke-fests that inevitably follow.
good day
good visit
love my boys
i love love love making them laugh.
2 comments:
love your FHE's to in'n'out. i would have wanted pizza too though : )
Sounds so fun Danna. I'm glad you guys get these nice times together. :)
Post a Comment