Monday, June 27, 2011

helping out.....

My baby sister had another baby. This is number four and a boy.
(r is for Rodney)

I am so pleased that I was able to spend a week helping her claw her way back to sanity. And I was able to enjoy it. Such a contrast from last summer after placing Tyler.

So. What do you do with three girls six and under????

KUNG FOO FIGHTING!!!!!!


You heard me. We perfected our semi-quasi-kung-foo-ish dance moves over and over and over and over and over again. Both WITH and without pom poms. I brainwashed Abby into thinking that cleaning up is actually fun, (it is if you are dancing and singing like a loon), we did hair every day, we watched the BBC production of "Emma", the "Shirley Temple" story and that new sign-language show on PBS.

(But Auntie Danna...I WANT to touch your ipod!!!!!)


Swim lessons, naps, quiet time, ribbon dancing

, learning the lyrics to "Girls Just Want To Have Fun", stories, never ending showers, eating and cleaning up...helping mommy get a nap and eating a cleaning up. Going to the library and doing princess puzzles and trying to get Auntie Danna to check out age inappropriate movies...WINK!


SQUISHIES!!!!

Running over to the splash pad,
going to the store and NOT buying everything that we wanted. Getting pooped on, peed on and barfed on by the little guy who is just trying to learn how his little body works.
Meeting old friends and enjoying getting caught up on the last 10 years. And realizing just how sadistically hot it gets in that little town in the summer. Holey mackinoley...it is HOT. Makes 90 degrees feel downright balmy.

It was a lovely week. I had a lovely, relaxing, completely stress free time. Glad I could pay it forward and help out. And kudos to my ever lovin' man for supporting me in my quest.

2 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

YAY! i love it! great pictures and great description of how much stinking fun we all had.

sniff sniff...it's all over now isn't it?

Danna Banana said...

I know I helped prevent Infanticide!