Friday, May 22, 2009

here comes the scary part.....


Got a phone call this morning that I wasn't expecting. It was the manager of the group home we are about to see.

Turns out we will be going Tuesday morning to take a look and spell out everything that Spence needs.

I couldn't help myself so I looked at the house on Google maps on the curb-side view. It looks really nice. It's a rambler too so we won't have to deal with Spence prying out the screens in the windows and sitting on the second story window sills. Whew!!

It was a shock to get the call so quickly after learning about the placement the previous day.

Needless to say, I was a puddle after I hung up the phone. The woman had such a warm heart and I could feel her caring nature through the phone. She will be helping me get in touch with the other families in the home.

Yay! People just like us! That is seriously a relief. I'm so happy when I get to talk to people who have been there, done that.

Still. I shed a lot of tears today. My baby is going.

3 comments:

Casdok said...

Hugs. I do hope it works out for Spence.
We have recently been through this and i dont know how many buckets i cried!

mama edge said...

Crying with you here, joy mixed with heartache for you.

Melanie said...

We are sending huge bear hugs your way.