another year just wizzed by...what the "H"???!!!!
All the boys are solidly young men. No one has a voice that is cracking anymore. They are all growing out of the bottoms of their pants. They ALL need to shave.
And funnily enough, they have all transitioned to that precious stage where they don't "need" their mommy as much. Guy is playing the strong force in their lives now.
I don't do birthdays well for my autie boys. I will say that out loud. I know many parents who treat their kiddos like they are typical and celebrate in the tried and true traditional way. I don' t do birthday parties for them. Spencer HATES the Happy Birthday song. It drives him nuts.
They only thing that interests him is cake and icing. So I can't sing but I can bring him treats. Opening presents has no meaning for him. The boy just doesn't appreciated the surprise. So why would I torture myself with pressure to perform. I'm officially off the hook.
DJ was different. We had huge parties for him. I made him a cake every year and decorated it to his exact specifications and I loved it all. I am a MASTER pokemon cake decorator. I got all my party needs handled with one kid every year.
I didn't even go see the boys this year on their birthdays. What? Who does that? Me. I have been going through serious anxiety and decided that I wasn't going to make myself see the kids. Guy is more than happy to do stuff and I'm letting him.
I swear I need to write a book about Post Autism Traumatic Stress Disorder. It is very real. It takes years to get this ABA crap out of your head and nervous system.
No comments:
Post a Comment