Still on our vacation but I wanted to record a few of the comments we have gotten from the little observers we have seen on our trip.
cousin #1 " Aunt Danna?... I don't understand Tyler's language"
cousin #2 "He sounds just like an airplane"!
cousin #3 " I can't understand what he is trying to say"
little boy #1 at the reunion: " he sounds like he's trying to say something but it doesn't make sense"
Me "yes, he has autism and he can't talk well at all. He can't tell us what is bothering him"
little boy#1 "Oh I know!! He is like those people who can talk with their hands!"
Me "no not really. He doesn't know how to do that"
It was really sweet to hear those little kids ask so innocently. They were just curious and I was happy to explain.
3 comments:
Where are you?
I think its great when children ask questions and like you am more than happy to answer - if i can get a word in before their parents drag them away.
i love how lucy kept walking up to him and saying "hi tyler!", over and over. she loves it when he says her name.
Post a Comment