ok. So we are going on our first road trip tomorrow with just the four of us.....sans Spence. Haven't done road trips for many years for obvious reasons. We will make attempts at them and then the effect is JUST like labor and delivery.
You go through INSANE amounts of pain and torture, you get this beautiful baby and you SWEAR you will NEVER go through that again. And if you are fortunate enough to be fertile, you can forget the pain. You forget everything and get this funny feeling like you SHOULD have another kid. it would be great......right?
Same deal with the trips. Only the crazy part is that we haven't EVER had a good experience traveling with the boys. The last time it worked our oldest was three. They have ALL been exhausting disappointments. BUT the desire to finally get a trip to work never left. We would forget the pain and try it again and then WHAMMO! It takes six months to recover emotionally from the fallout. HATE trips...HATE trips....HATE trips!!!
ok. So we are going on this week long road trip starting tomorrow.
am I packed. NO
do I want to pack? NO
am I worried? yes (probably broke down in tears about five times today)
does this change the fact that I am going to go? NO NO NO NO
are we going to do this? YES
on the random note.
I would like:
an excuse to hang japanese lanterns and twinkle lights
the power to NOT chip off a good manicure
the courage to be spontaneous
to remember all the cool things I have ever read
the ability to lock my judgemental/critical nature in the bathroom
cool boots
fun art to hang in my house
a week long stay in a spa
lunch with Mama Mara
a flower garden
the power to cook amazing food AND the power to NOT eat all of it at once
a pretty cake just to celebrate me
smaller pores
to be five inches taller
a villa on the emerald Mediterranean
(not a bad start, for a list)
3 comments:
Awwwwww!
I would like it too. Don't suppose you're heading toward the Midwest?
Tip for the trip: Use your LaMaze breathing. HEE HEE HOOOOOO! HEE HEE HOOOOOO!
I love the pregnancy comparison. Remember when you talked me out of my lunacy for wanting to have a baby 6 months after my second? Thanks for that! As for wishing for smaller pores (your skin is great, btw) I just started trying a prescription retinoic cream a.k.a. tretinoin and it's awesome. It's the skin secret of my mother and sister-in-law. Good luck on your road trip!
I don't think you ask for too much. :)
Post a Comment