Wednesday, July 22, 2009

the trip....the trip....the trip......

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. There were moments that made this trip totally worth it. And there were moments that taught me never to road trip with my autie boy again.

What I liked:

Seeing my brother in law absolutely delighted when he greeted Ty and the excited look on Ty's face. When I see people genuinely thrilled to see my boy and take the time to tease and play with him. That moment ALONE was worth the price of admission. (I have to add that my husband's brother did the same thing). It chokes me up whenever I think about it. I only WISH I had a picture to capture that precious moment.

Seeing my husband greet old friends that meant so much to him. He had a particularly chaotic and charming childhood. The people that helped him weather the crazy are great, great human beings.

Hearing all the banter in the car between myself, our typical teen and my husband. We have fun.

Driving the Scenic Byway #12 through the backwoods of Utah. Oh My Holy Pickle Juice that is some gorgeous scenery. I'll try to add pics.Only ONE....count them.....ONE poopy pants incident the whole trip. That is a gosh darn miracle.

Hearing the most delightful noises from the back seat when Ty got handed a box of popcicles. It was a magical mix of burbles, chirps and lick smacking goodness. (Lasted 'bout a half hour to boot!) (anything to break up the whining.)







Seeing my good buddy Jan in Vegas. She is the Queen of Autism in Nevada. I bow to her prowess and goodness. She got us started on the PATH way back when and I can NEVER thank her enough. It was sooooo great to get caught up.


And the last bit of sweetness. It was great to see that the Imperial Army is still doing sweeps up and down our national Interstate highways!


I feel so much safer they are still working to crush the rebellion. Gooooooo VADER!!

2 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

great post danna. happy unpacking!

mama edge said...

I've never laid eyes on your brother in law, but I can see him clearly in my mind, face aglow with boundless uncle-delight. Absolutely worth the price of admission!