Tuesday, August 18, 2009

celebrate...green goddess and less tears.....

Sunday was a milestone. I went to church and I wasn't dreading answering people's questions. That is HUGE.
One effective coping strategy has been to avoid talking to people about Spencer's placement. No talking = not having to steel my nerve, choke back sadness or avoid making eye contact whilst,(there's that word again), biting the inside of my cheek.

It was wonderful when people asked me how I was doing and I could look them in the eye and truly say.."better".

What a blessing to see a glimpse of relief. I don't even care if I ever feel totally good again. Just the thought of that respite from the sadness was comforting.

So....Yay for me!

Another touchdown was when I flexed my cooking prowess yet again last night. I'm a HUGE fan of Ina Garten on the Food Network. I can't watch her cook, too boring, but I LOVE her cookbooks. Awesome recipies that are difficult to ruin.

Two words: Green Goddess. Never heard of the stuff but it sounded faboo. Made it last night and I was in heaven. Today we had sandwiches for lunch and I used it on the bread instead of mayo and BOO-YEAH. more tasty wonderful for me!

Some things just make life worth living. Peace out! (p.s.: the picture was scalped off of flikr!)

4 comments:

karen said...

Pretty darn fancy, girl. Yeah for you!

Holly said...

Looks good is right, and I'm telling Ina you stole her picture!! Juuuussst kiddin! But i must say that I, too, love Ina Garten--and love that name!!--but love to watch her cook!

Annie Leavitt said...

ooh, please illegaly email me the recipe for when i can cook : )

Serenity Rachel said...

Yea, what's with talking up something yummy and no link or recipe...you must rectify that mistake. :-)