Sunday, August 16, 2009

near death experience.....

Not what you are thinking.

I got to play hooky with some really fun girls yesterday. They invited me to go play at Disneyland for the day. I had a blast and it was sooooo fun to play.

Somehow they convinced me to go on this ride: Tower of Terror

Note to self...unless you want to shizzle your pants, NEVER EVER EVER go on that ride.

I think the only time I ever felt that near death experience was when the anesthesiologist failed to show up for my second delivery and I had to go au naturale through the birthing process.

Had I known what was going to happen, never would have tried it. I thought it was just a drop. But NOOOOOOOOO it was up down, up, down, up and down both in the dark and looking out a 10 story window. YUck!!

So just for your viewing pleasure...I have decided to post the contraband video my friend took of me on the ride.
I'm taking a chance posting this vid. I'm sharing my more intimate moments with you. But what the heck. We've all been there.

Plus I think it is a way too accurate portrayal of what it feels like to work through any contentious IEP issue with a school district. You yell until you start laughing as a coping mechanism and then you start screaming like a banshee out of sheer terror anticipating the outcome.

THIS IS MY LIFE....on tape.


3 comments:

Holly said...

You are right, but tell me how is that fun. I was thinking about Disney the other day, my sister wants us to go back next year, and I thought I'm not a Disney-fun person (afraid of heights)--the whole things just scares the hell out of me. And that ride, Soarin, is just enough for me to pee my pants!!

mama edge said...

You're right: that was EXACTLY like working on a contentious IEP. Thank you so much for sharing the video! Best smile I've had all day.

The Land of D said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!! I am so happy that I was able to meet you, and I would love to meet your family in the future, sooner preferably :) You are super amazing and truly inspiring. More so to those who have been to the other side ;) ~melanie