My baby is a freshman in High School this year.
It is mind boggling every time I think about how far we have come and how long the journey has been.
DJ has been an amazing kid through out his whole life. His sunny personality has been a huge blessing to both his parents and his brothers.
We started our intensive ABA program back when he was four and Ty was three, so for the bulk of his life, he has been around autism therapists, case workers and visiting parents.
I should give this kid a medal for weathering this storm so well.
Moving Spencer out has lifted a heavy load off of him as well and Guy and I have watched his demeanor change for the better since June. I'm very relieved that we were able to make that change for him and take the edge off before school started.
Which takes us to parent night last night. Guy and I used our date night to tour the school and meet DJ's teachers.
This is a brand new school that is still under construction as we speak. The gym/pool/arts buildings and stadium are still being built. And there are only Freshman and Sophomores on campus this year. Still, there are a 1000 kids already.
It's state of the art with xeriscape landscaping, smart white boards that are AMAZING and a wonderful faculty. The health teacher has the computer babies that they send home with the kids to "simulate" parenthood. She even has the ones programmed for "crack baby" mode...aka. non stop crying and fussing. I asked her if the parents' can request their child be assigned for baby duty!
Walking down the brand spanking new halls, i couldn't help but remember my own high school experience. I had a lot of fun and had some very good friends.
I hope my boy has a good four years.
No comments:
Post a Comment