This has been the toughest summer ever.
I think I've cried more tears in the last few months than I have in years. And that is saying a lot.
The last 12 years have been excruciating but all that pales in comparison with how it felt to move Spencer out to his group home.
We have finally gotten to the point where the good moments and days are outweighing the strain.
The real proof is that the people around me are noticing. At church yesterday, a friend of mine commented that I look more refreshed than I have in a long time. And it is true.
Every week, I am getting stronger.
I'm not going to crumble into pieces. And even if I did...I feel confident that I can put those pieces back together again, however slowly and carefully.
It's true that that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger. But I am a little weary of all these near death experiences.
On a side note....last night my husband reminded me that we only have four more years left as full time parents.
2 comments:
How wonderful to have people notice the strength and light you carry with you these days. I'm so happy for you.
Four more years?? I think I have about 20 or so!!;) I'm happy for you that people are complementing you looking sane, I mean refreshed!! It's nice to know such things when you are trying to feel like you are not unlike everyone else--once again!
Post a Comment