Wow! You guys love food too??! Awesome.
Here is the recipe and I pass it on with caution. Ina is always discussing recipes that she gets from her friends and restaurants that she admires. We ADMIRE her and so she would be flattered if I share her idea with you. Make sure you compare these ingredients with other recipes and see if you can see the differences in the tastes they produce.
1 c good mayo
1 c chopped scallions, white and green parts (be careful on the proportions on this. It produces a VERY oniony taste. you will probably have to tweak the quantity)
1 c chopped fresh basil leaves (smells AWESOME when you chop these)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (2 lemons)
2 tsp chopped garlic (2 cloves)
2 tsp anchovy paste
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
***put all these ingredients in the food processor until smooth****
*** add in 1 c sour cream until JUST blended***
cut 3 heads Bibb lettuce (didn't have any Bibb at our store so I went with Iceberg-it was fine although I'm sure that it tastes even better with the good stuff) into quarters, remove the cores and arrange on 6 salaed plates.
Wedge 2-3 tomatoes and add them to the plates
The dressing is even better the next day. I even used this dressing on a sandwich instead of regular mayo and.....wowza!
Pour on the dressing and i DARE you not to enjoy it!!
1 comment:
will you post in on my family too please? can't wait to make it soon. : )
Post a Comment