Friday, March 13, 2009

I took a vacation from my problems.

I got a chance to disappear for a few days.

Sleep in.
Walk on the beach.
read books uninterrupted.
eat good food.
no need to talk to ANYONE for hours at a time

all of that adds up to a very good rest for me.

Two things happen when I go away.

1: I finally get a chance to exhale. it takes a REALLY long time to relax and stop worrying but when it finally happens it feels so great.

2. I come home and discover how hard my job really is.


Even though Guy was here every morning and night- our respite gal had her hands full.

The house was a wreck when I got home but that is all fixable.

Realizing that your life would be exponentially different if one of your autistic children were put into a residential program- That one hurts.

Can't wrap my brain around it but I think the idea deserves some attention.

Does ANYONE have experience with placing their child?? Has anyone survived that nightmare?? How do you live with yourself??


I

2 comments:

mama edge said...

Check out Holly Nappi Collin's blog, FEARLESS FEMALES. She's been there, done that.

Annie Leavitt said...

that is a good question.

i'm just glad you got a vacation dearie.