The first step in this process involves my case worker evaluating potential homes. Apparently she has a meeting this week to accomplish this.
I would visit all the potential homes and between us we would select a possible match. We would start on small visits and then graduate to staying for the weekend to test our skills at finding the right home.
So for now, I am waiting and working on getting through our last week of spring break.
I will have 11 weeks of school left over to visit schools and homes and placements.
I am overwhelmed with gratitude for all the positive input I've gotten from friends and family about our decision. The more we inform others and evaluate the decision the stronger and stronger my confidence grows about the change.
I can see our situation through a new pair of eyes. We really have turned out lives inside out and upside down to help the boys live peacefully at home. Enormous sacrifice and work and it didn't work.
It has been an honor.
No comments:
Post a Comment