Thursday, March 5, 2009

introducing......at least four new puppies...no. make that five.

Just for "fun", we got a dog last year. I trained her and she has done pretty well. She doesn't bark but she is a needy dog. I don't need anything to "need" me since I already feel like too little butter on too much bread.

(BTW. The fun dog was our second try at dog ownership. The first one ended after nine months when we got rid of the cute but aggressive retriever we happily got at a puppy mill. Our son was CRUSHED and it haunted me for years. That dog was waaaaay too dominant for me and not a match but it was still so hard to see my boy so sad. )

So, dog #2. Cute, docile and sweet and NO BARKING or biting but again....Needy.

Since she has ended up being so needy I entertained the thought that we should get her a little "friend". Someone to keep her company and maybe balance out her nervous energy.

As Kismet would have it a dog appeared on our doorstep....literally.

A little black mutt with super soft fur, a sweet face and an adorable temperament.

ANOTHER magical non-barking dog- female and no collar.

We scoured the neighborhood with fliers and asking people about her and no dice.

Soooo.....we decided to keep her.

Two weeks later DJ is asking me......why do her nipples look like that!!

The little tramp was preggo.

The best part was me looking it up online and trying to figure out when the pups would be coming. 63-68 days of gestation. ( would have LOVED that for myself !)

OK, I've got another month to find homes for these little devils.

Nuh-uh!!!

A funny sound came from my upstairs this afternoon. I walk up to find a squealing wet pup in a puddle of fun stuff that doesn't look good. And ......we're off!!

Instead of taking the boys to the aquarium with my helper, I'm pulling pups out and figuring out how soon I can rent a carpet cleaner!

Anybody want a new puppy?? You have two months to make up your mind.

5 comments:

mama edge said...

Gaaah! I had the wusband's needy dog for less than a week, and I'm still recuperating.

Sorry I can't take any of your pups. I love you, but I am not crazy.

Danna Banana said...

Make it 6 total! I'm swimming in pups. Thanks for the kind thought. I know I'll find homes and they are all in the garage now!!!

Annie Leavitt said...

i only hope that this dog's "Great disposition" stays after she's done nursing and get fixed. i know our cat was a completely different cat preggos and nursing, so docile.

Melanie said...

Holy cow! That's crazy! :) Hope the carpet recovers and you find good homes for them all!

Deborah said...

oh how fun! we had a similar experience--but with kitties. our pretty gray cat cam to us a homeless unwed teenage mother! she had three kittens ( whew) and one of them is still with us and he is one of the world's great cats. so. It can happen! ( momma cat did totally change her personality after her spay to. now we call her Norma Desmond--she is such a drama queen)