I'm a member of the Autism Doubles Club. We are in recovery from transitioning our two youngest into a group home. This is our journey.
Monday, June 8, 2009
and there goes our ABA.......
Got the word today that the new school district isn't interested in forging a relationship with our current service provider. The one we have been working with for the past two years.
We get to let go of our security blanket and let a new group of aides take over.
I have mixed emotions on this one.
The guy who runs our current ABA program, we'll call him "Behavior Bob", is the reason why we were able to move to California in the first place. He took our little ones and did a fantastic job with them. We lost his work for a while as he left the company and went off with another. He came back and started his new company just when Spence needed him.
Spence was languishing in a crappy non public school and we were desperate for some help. He took Spence from a grumpy, tantruming, biting, screaming nightmare to a little boy who can entertain himself on the wii for 45 minutes, and make it through a school day without hitting anyone among many, many other accomplishments.
I owe Behavior Bob a lot. He helped save our family and I helped to get him vendorized and into business.
Now we have to say goodbye.
And I'm taking this opportunity to make a herculean effort to "look on the bright side of life" and count my blessings. We have been supremely blessed along the way.
We have been given so much. I don't want to spoil it with a tantrum of my own because they won't accept "Bob". I've had my cry and I'm ready to move on. I'm ready to try something new. And if it all falls apart again, we know just what to do.
So now,
Deep breath........everybody now......... " always look on the bright side of life"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment