Well. It's done.
We packed him up and took him over. Finished setting up all his stuff. Had a good discussion with some of the senior staff. Gave him a hug and they put him in the van with the other boys to run an errand and get some In-N-Out Burger for lunch.
It wasn't until he got in the van that I started to feel sad. Even though it didn't bother him at all. I know that if he had to pick between watching Blue's Clues and playing with me.....Blue would win every time.
And then he was gone.
I'm 1000% in a better place than I was last week. But it still stinks.
I'm at home and I'm running into everything that reminds me of him. His half-eaten cereal from this morning that he hated and spit out into the toilet. The plastic cover to his wii games. It's everywhere.
This is definitely going to be a long process. The nurse even said that it should really start to hit hard next month.
Sounds like fun.
******* news flash******
he had a totally boring day. Nothing exciting, played with his stuff......took a shower and went to bed early. I was afraid to call and find out but did it anyway.
Guy and I are both.......feeling a little lost, a little fragile, still confident that it was the right thing to do. But we know that we are dealing with some serious emotion; a radical recalibration of our lives. It would probably help if we were pot heads, but we aren't. We are going to face this stone cold sober.
Much thanks to all of our friends and family that have had us in their prayers. It is working. Much thanks to the incredible/capable staff who helped us by being so calm and confident.
2 comments:
Grieving comes in waves, they say, but in between the crashes, you get to float serenely in the calm waters and enjoy the peace. I'm sending positive thoughts your way and wishing you many pacific moments in coming days.
BTW, your "potheads" comment nearly made me fall out of my desk chair laughing.
ditto on the "potheads" remark nearly peed myself laughing.
big big hugs!!!!
I've so enjoyed ( don't know if that is EXACTLY the right word--maybe fascinated?) watching your journey and getting to know you through this blog thing. You are a remarkable women and I am humbled and delighted to be related to you!
Post a Comment