Tuesday, June 2, 2009

silly things.......

Yesterday was fun. I had to run over and enroll my kid in the new school district-right?

The front desk secretary was a sweet little thing.

She was getting complaints from a lady who was on her lunch break and late getting back to work. Since all the worker bees were also eating, and there was only one person managing the intake interviews, everything was stalled.

The one woman who WAS being helped was taking FOREVER.

Crabby Late Lady started howling at the secretary and gossiping that the ladies were visiting and chatting instead of speeding things along.

Nervous Nettie at the front desk veeeery discretely slipped her the phone number to call about the complaint. I couldn't hear what she was saying but she had the wide-eyed look of "knowing" and was talking in an oh-so-dramatic hush-hush manner that this wasn't the first time there had been a complaint. Uh-Huh! You know it!!

I got to witness this because I was finally going back over to the desk after waiting 15 minutes and having to watch "The Little Mermaid". Ariel's singing made me want to stick my finger in my eye to end the pain.

Even more flustered, the secretary squeeked, "Ohh, let me check if she is off the phone", checked and said to wait a minute so she could walk me back. She just had to make some copies first. (It was a BIG stack of copies).

FORTUNATELY her copier was a piece of crap. She nervously told Crabby Patty that she was going to have to wait just a little longer while she went in the back to a copier that worked.

BONUS! She could hold my hand and lead me back to the person who had been ignoring me for the last 20 minutes.

I exhaled and walked over to the room that the secretary waved at.

I walked in an the lady at the desk was reading a BOOK. A novel and from what I could see, it was one of those Newberry Award winning novelettes about suffering and tragedy. Not that THAT is necessarily important. But it made me feel better because it didn't look like it had any hard words to read in it. You can see how testy I am getting from dealing with the nonsense.

Now, I could let her off easy and think that all the secretary had done in the first place had been to glance in her office and see that said person was on the phone. That she hadn't told her that someone was waiting to be helped.

OR, I could assume the worst and that the woman had forgotten about me in her hurry to get back to her nail biter of a novelette.

I did give her a meaningful look with a raised eyebrow and settled in to solve all our problems.

Luckily she managed to invent a few herself. Requesting that the Regional Center verify that I'm retaining educational rights. ????!!!! Regional has NO jurisdiction over his education. They don't have custody-I DO.

Thankfully her version of CYA is going to be accommodated and my case worker will be faxing over the "invented" document today.

I swear. The more I deal with civil servants, the MORE I am looking forward to socialized medicine. ( Sorry to stick the politics in there but I am less than thrilled)

***Speaking of silly. You HAVE to take a few mindless moments and enjoy this video!

1 comment:

mama edge said...

Danna,
Either that video was the funniest thing I've seen in years, or I really need some sleep.

Who cares? hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

Thanks for keeping your sense of humor through this difficult time, you "silly thing........."